Monday, January 18, 2016

January 17 - How does the Holy Ghost help me learn?

Now, my dear students (and, if you're a student of mine, you're dear to me. Deal with it. :P), I hope that you asked your folks' permission before going online.

(Parents, thanks for taking a look at the blog! I'm hoping that this will be a good way to convey information and help us all be on the same page, per se, of what your children are learning in class.)

This week, we talked about how the Holy Ghost helps us learn. We also discussed who the Holy Ghost is, what his purpose is, and why this is important to know (We did this worksheet in class).

The Holy Ghost [as it says in True to the Faith (which, if you don't already have a copy of this book in your home, please get one. It's a great little resource that I'm finding rather invaluable. Gospel topics, in alphabetical order ... I learn something new every time I open it. Which means that I should definitely READ IT ALL, right?)
If you DON'T already have access to a copy, you can read it online here at lds.org.]

... Where was I?

Oh yes! The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead ... which you all already knew, you smart cookies! He works in perfect unity with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to help us live righteously and be able to receive the blessings of the gospel.
He witnesses the truth to us. He helps bring things to our remembrance. He guides us and helps to protect us. He comforts us.

Everyone can feel the promptings of the Holy Spirit ... as long as we are clean and pure. (And, well, even sometimes when we need a big, ol', spiritual kick in the rear.) BUT, when you're baptized and you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, you get something really awesome: You now have the right (as long as you're living right) to have the CONSTANT COMPANIONSHIP of the Holy Ghost.

Which means that you can ALWAYS have him to help you, guide you, protect you ... as you go about your life. He will assist you in doing everything to live the commandments and perform all that you've been commanded to do. (And, if you're anything like me ... and I REALLY hope that you're better than I am, you can use all the help that you can get.)

Here are some great images that I thought you all might find useful about the Holy Ghost.

Sometimes it's hard to KNOW if you're feeling/have felt the influence of the Holy Ghost ... which is why I really like this list ... in fact, I have a version of this list in my Seminary scriptures.
How to tell who is influencing you
The more you are able to tell if and when you're receiving inspiration from the Holy Ghost, the easier it will be to receive more. Which is something that our leaders really want for all of us. ^_^

Here's a nice list compiling roles of the Holy Ghost:
Roles of the Holy Ghost from thethingsilovemost.com

And this one is nice ... since sometimes you might not KNOW if you've got the Holy Ghost with you.
(If you do, GREAT! Make the most of it! ... If not, well, it's time to repent so that he can be with you again. You're never too far gone. No matter what, Heavenly Father STILL loves you and WANTS YOU back. Please always, always remember that. If nothing else I teach you sticks, just remember that your Heavenly Parents, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, your leaders, your teachers, your parents ... we ALL are rooting for you. We all love you. We want to help you be your best. Please, please KNOW this.)
When you have the Spirit vs When you Don't - HolyHandouts.com

I want to tell you that I'm really enjoying having you all in my class. I look forward to seeing you next Sunday so we can discuss (hopefully!) the lessons "How does the Holy Ghost help me teach the gospel?" and "How can I help others learn about Heavenly Father?"

I hope that you're looking for those tender mercies of the Lord in your life. And that you're also working for opportunities to feel the influence of the Holy Ghost.

See you on Sunday! Go and be awesome! ... And, if you happen to see any of your classmates (that I haven't gotten to meet yet) at school or out and about, please let them know that we miss them and would love to see them in class on Sundays. ^_^
(I'm going to try and get hold of everyone, too ... but, since they actually KNOW you, it's a lot cooler ... and less creepy ... coming from a friend.)

Your adoring teacher,
     Sister Cox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to add to the conversation?
Are there any questions that weren't addressed?
Just let me know! Thanks!